Monday 7 March 2011

Day 2, a sea day.

Sea days are usually very quiet, nothing to do days, while we travel from port to port. As our cruise had some distance to travel before reaching Lisbon, our first destination, we generally relaxed after breakfast, which had wonderful choices, juices, cereals, pastries, full English, omelettes, eggs benedict, great French toast, etc. We tried most of them during our trip, although in my case, not all at once!

This day, however, I had a spa appointment. For a great deal of money, I had a head and neck massage, back and shouder massage, and a facial. I love all of that pampering, but the young lady was very strong, and although I was relaxed after the treatment, I ended up feeling bruised for a day of two afterwards! For the head massage she rubbed some oil mixture in, which I left until my evening shower. It conditioned my hair brilliantly, but - silly me - I never thought to ask what it was. Mind you, it would probably have cost the other arm and leg!

Keith likes to watch the on board shows - the theatre holds 1,250 people (!) I don't, so that was my lying on my back with my feet up time, not really asleep, you understand, just resting. We dressed for dinner in the first of our posh outfits, him in our son's white tux, which fits him better than Chris since the weight loss, me in a lavender chiffon over silk beaded dress I bought off E-Bay (most of my posh clothes come from E-Bay!) I bought silver sandals, also off E-Bay, for the dress, but on the night my feet were slightly swollen, so my trusty velcro fastening ones were worn. (Feet are still fat sometimes.)

After the dinner, we found on of the many bars on board, with a singer and a ptano (not very good) but the bar was pleasant, so we had a cocktail each. I stuck with one, but Keith had another, then off to bed.

The ship, by this times was beginning to rock a bit, so I took medication and wore my Sea Bands for the next few days, as the Bay of Biscay is notorious for its bad weather, and to make a boat that big "rock and roll" - well, it was rough to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment