Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day 12, Cagliari, Sardinia

Our fourth day in a row ashore, and my least succesful trip. All our local guides up to now had been superb, knowledgeable, and aware of the slow ones in the group. This one may have been knowledgeable, but her peope skills were negligible, and she was completely unaware of people with walking difficulties, or, like me, with breathing difficulties. (I can walk for ages on a relatively flat surface, but stairs and slopes need to be taken slowly.)

Once we got off the bus, she took off at high speed upa steep lope, leaving me - and Keith who was troubled with his knee - trailing far behind. My chest was hurting, and I was in some trouble. Ww arrived at the Cathedral, but I saw very little as I needed to sit and recover my composure. I did take a few photos of the interior, of which this was the best, I think.


She then took off again for the museum, again at speed. The museum was up some steps, and inside there were more, so I stayed outside in the sun, enjoying a brilliant cup of hot chocolate (liquid chocolate, not the thin stuff we get!) We were taken down the other side of the cathedral, which meant lots of steps - eurgh! However, the drive around the island showed it at its best on the suuny day we had.


And every tower block (quite small, though)  had balconies with flowers and shrubbery hanging off the sides.
We got back to the centre of the town, got off the coach, and the guide had, quite literally vanished, instead of waiting for everyone to disembark. Fortunately she had given th e rendezvous point before she got off the bus, so we went for a wander by ourselves, and another cup of hot chocolate in this so pretty cup!



And just before we rejoined the coach, we saw these two beautiful cats, on a box, with at least half a dozen white mice, all happy to play with each other!


They were in brilliant condition, and we stood and watched for ages - one was pregnant, as you can probably see. There was a box in front of them for money, so of course we added some more small change, simply for the pleasure of watching them.



Then back to the boat for a few more days at sea, thoroughly exhausted, and looking forward to a couple of resting days!

No comments:

Post a Comment