Wednesday 23 March 2011

Day 13- another sea day

After 4 days running around wonderful historical places in lovely weather, to be honest we were glad to return to our slothful ways. We ate, pottered, watched another ice show - it is an extraordinary experience knowing that you are on a boat, watching ice skating! We chatted with the nice older couple who will be getting married in June, and exchanged addresses - a first for us as we are very stand offish in general, and don't make friends. We enjoyed picking holes in people's clothes as they walked past us in the bar (a highlight for me, as I think I said.)

We also decided that I should not take the trip ashore to Gibralter, having struggled with the slopes in Cagliari - looking at the itinerary, I realised there would be slopes and steps, so I decided against it. Keith decided to go though.

But for him the highlight was seeing dolphins swimming alongside the boat! We had gone out as it was beautiful weather, and were simply watching the sea, when two dark shapes jumped out of the water. I thought I was seeing things, as Keith had repeatedly said "Where are the dolphins?", to the boredom of all around. And suddenly there they were. We watched them gradually get closer then disappear - we think under the boat. We stood for ages after that, but no luck. He was thrilled, so much so that he totally forgot to take photos! (He actaully saw another on another day, but needless to say, no photos, and goodness knows where I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment